cprc logo

Home * About * Blight * Books and Movies * Glossary * Information * Links * Media * Noise * Prof. Help * Taxes * Contact Us


Local Elected Officials
Attend all city council meetings, urban renewal meetings, planning committee meetings and the board of adjustment meetings. Use the public comment session at the start of the meeting for short speeches about your project. Use the public comment at the end of the meeting to speak further on your concerns about project.

County Elected Officials
Use your board of county commissioners meetings to address concerns of your group. The possibility that it may impact your county's fire district, school board, parks and recreation, water board district is a great opportunity to get your group's name into the public record as opposing or favoring your project.

State Elected Officials
Attend your state legislative sessions to learn about bills that will impact your project. Register as a volunteer lobbyist and speak pro or con on your subject matter. Ask your group to put together a position statement in regards to the project and deliver it to your elected officials.